It’s the last day of February. Did you make any resolutions at the beginning of this year? We all long for a new start, a new beginning, and we believe we will behave differently this year and achieve it. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don’t.
At some point, I began to question the idea of making resolutions. The idea seemed empty to me. My trouble was defaulting to procrastination or losing focus. That was when goals began to mean more to me. Goals seemed to have a permanency to them, an unwavering commitment to being achieved. But even those can get self-focused, and you can climb the ladder a long time and find out it was leaning against the wrong wall.
If you are beginning to believe that your resolutions only leave you feeling hopeless, then take a look at the list below. They support the idea of doing life daily. The best way to begin is with the Lord as your Leader.
Self-discipline and determination are the keys to any success, but those traits come from the Lord, and anything started with Him is going to succeed!
- Be focused – For the Lord GOD helps me. Therefore, I am not disgraced.Therefore, I have set My face like flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7
- Be a disciple – Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” Luke 9:23
- Be humble – “In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” Psalm 5:3
- Be a servant- “But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15
- Be Committed – Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. Lamentation 3:22-23